Sunday, August 12, 2012

Tip # 1- Hair on the Trail

BRAID YOUR HAIR AND IT WON'T TANGLE 

 

Day 3 in Smoky Mt. National Park

I am prone to develop dreadlocks while on the trail. I have long, fine hair, and as soon as I hit the sack on the first night- my hair is done for. The way I combat this horrible affliction is by wearing my hair either in two braids or in a tony tail with the end braided. Single braids and french braids are hard to sleep in and still tend to tangle.

I like to shower right before I set out on a trip and braid my hair while it is still wet. I'll wear the braids all day and then to bed. In the morning I'll redo the braids but my hair is tangle free and still smells fresh. By day 3 I can still smell the shampoo, and I won't have to use a comb until day 4!!! Woah!! If I am nearing the end of a trip I might let up on the hair maintenance, but I like spending the bulk of my trip without a bees nest on my head. 

I've also been known to wear a bandana but I don't think this helps much for hair.  Bandanas are useful in preventing ticks and soaking up sweat, but honestly I think they just look good.

Happy Trails, 
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment